Translate

Saturday 15 August 2015

Fabric Decision

Well, I think a mentioned this in a previous post that I was having trouble deciding on a fabric for my Prairie Schooler I'm stitching for the SAL.  These are the 2 fabrics I was deciding between,

Floss Toss Heatherfield

26 count Natural Heatherfield

Floss toss 14 count Linaida
My problem has been I really, really, REALLY love both of these fabrics.  I normally do not like brown fabric.  I don't like natural/dirty linen or any of the recommended browns.  These are really the only 2 browns that I like.  And guess what?  They're both discontinued!  So I'm taking some precious pieces out of my stash to stitch this.  I think I will go with the Linaida.  I love the heatherfield but I'm afraid the darker browns won't show up too well on it.  So I'm going with the bottom choice.  So my heatherfield is safe for now.    

And for anyone who is interested, Nancy over at the Victorian Motto is having a give-away over at her blog, Victorian Motto.

3 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Hi Bette, I think the Linaida is the better choice, too.

Brigitte said...

The linaida seems to be a bit lighter than the other one, so the floss colours might look better on it than on the other fabric.

Annie said...

Before I read your decision I though the same as you so I think you made the right choice:) Looking forward to seeing your progress:)